All about Different Types of Dog Beds
Dog beds come in a myriad types and it becomes essential for the concerned dog owners to become aware all these types to be able to pick the right one for their precious pooch. In fact, they constitute one of the most important items among the dog products because of the extent of time a dog spends in one of them.
- The standard dog beds are the most basic variant among these items, and tend to resemble a simple cushion because of lack of rims or edges. These beds come in a variety of shapes ranging from ovals to squares to rectangles. These beds comes a wide budget range with various types of covering materials on offer including fleece, faux suede, denim, flannel, and microfiber. Some of them also come with washable covers to provide greater convenience to the owners. However, these should not be the dog product of choice for older dogs or those with orthopedic problems because of their basic design.
- Nest dog beds are simply standard dog beds with a raised edge or rim, which allows their occupants to lean on or curl in just like what they would do inside a nest. They are among the most adorable of the items available under this category of dog products with some of them resembling a sofa or couch in their design.
- An orthopedic dog bed is ideal for all those adorable canines that are suffering from a range of postural or age related problems just as arthritis and joint pains. These beds come with extra foam, which ensures greater comfort for their occupants. Moreover, the premium quality ones come with memory foam as the filler material, which folds and curves to complement the body shape of its occupants to provide unmatched comfort and relaxation. Therefore, an orthopedic dog bed is the best bet for all those owners who have dogs with arthritis, or other bone related disorders because of advanced age or ailments.
- Heated dog beds are another suitable choice for providing comfort to dogs with achy joints. In fact, they act quite like the heating pads or the electric blankets. Moreover, they can be doubly effective if combined with an orthopedic dog bed to provide unparalleled comfort to dogs with painful joints.
- Covered dog beds can be an excellent choice for shy dogs to provide them with a private space, while the popularity of this particular type of dog products is especially more common among smaller breeds. Many of these covered dog beds come with plush coverings, while many others are simply standard dog beds within a rigid house, or even a wicker basket.
Thus, it is apparent that an astonishingly wide variety of dogs beds are on offer and the dog owners ought to choose the one best suited for their pets.
Get the Free DogSiteWorld-Store App. Now!
Fast Track Your Knowledge to a Caring Dog Owner.
To Your Success